By Priam F. Nepomuceno, PNA and U.S. News Agency / Asian
Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim on Thursday said that movie houses and theaters who will attempt to show the controversial film “Innocence of Muslims” will be closed down.
Lim issued this statement shortly after meeting with Muslim religious leaders in the city.
The order definitely bans the showing of the film in Manila.
Because of security risks, the Manila mayor said those who want the film shown in the city cannot cite freedom of speech in opposing the ban.
The film, which many Muslim groups decried as anti-Islamic, has caused international uproar in Muslim nations and tagged as the reason why the US Ambassador to Libya and three of his staff were killed in a bomb explosion last week in Benghazi.