By Conor Shine, Las Vegas Sun and U.S. News Agency / Asian
Five families were displaced Wednesday evening after a fire burned their apartment complex in the northeast valley, the Clark County Fire Department said.
Firefighters responded to the blaze at 5225 E. Charleston Blvd. shortly before 7:30 p.m.
The fire, which appeared to have been started by an exhaust fan in the bathroom of a vacant apartment, was knocked down in about 30 minutes, fire officials said.
Six units at the complex were damaged, displacing more than 15 people, officials said. There were no injuries, and the damage was estimated at $225,000.
The American Red Cross and apartment management are helping the displaced families, the fire department said.