Jose Cuisia Jr, Ambassador of the Philippines to the United States of America.
Photo 1: Jose Cuisia Jr., the newest Ambassador of the Philippines to the United States of America.
Photos 2 & 3: Working Like A Team For the Benefit of The Filipino Community in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States – Philippine Ambassador to Washington D.C. United States, Ambassador Jose Cuisia Jr., with Philippine Consul General, Mary Jo B. Aragon Los Angeles, California, Philippine Consulate Office, working together like a team on the event of Las Vegas Filipino Community “Meet Our New Philippine Ambassador to Washington D.C. United States” held at Bally’s Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A. ( Photo by U.S. News Agency/Las Vegas,Nevada U.S.A. )
Photo 4: United States National Anthem “Stars Spangled Banner”, sung by Ms. Salve Edelman – Rozita Lee, United States Whitehouse Advisory Commissioner for Asian American Pacifc Islander, Las Vegas, Nevada, Dr. Noel Fajardo UPMAS President Elect, Nevada Chapter and Ambassador Jose Cuisia Jr. Philippine Ambassador to Washington D.C. United States singing The Star Spangled Banner at the start of the event, at Bally’s Hotel.
Photos 5 to 7: Madrigal Singers, Surprise Performance at Bally’s Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada – During the event that welcomed Ambassador Cuisia Jr., the Madrigal Singers surprised the Filipino Community in Vegas with their famous singing voices, also at Bally’s Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Photo 8: Ben Torres, Commissioner on National Arts in The City of Las Vegas and the Highest Filipino Appointee by Mayor Oscar Goodman – Commissioner Ben Torres, The Highest Filipino/American appointee in the City of Las Vegas by Mayor Oscar Goodman with Unidentified Two (2) Metropolitan Police Security Volunteer at the event.
Photo 9: Businessman and Media People are among the audience of Philippine Ambassador to Washington D.C. U.S.A. Jose Cuisia Jr. – Businessman and Arch, J.R., Boots Raviz, Leonie Frisbee, General Manager, Philippine Times Southern Nevada, “One of the leading Newspaper in Las Vegas”. Damian and Nadia Arroyo, Philippine Times Media Group of Southern Nevada are among the official guests in the event.
By: Renato A. Avenido
Founding/Chairman, U.S. News Agency
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Filipinos in Las Vegas welcomed recently the visit of the Philippines’ newest Ambassador to the United States of America.
Ambassador Jose Cuisia Jr visited the Filipino Community in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was accompanied by his “tag-team partner”, Consul General Mary Jo Bernardo Aragon, in a Fil-Am Community Event, Las Vegas, 14 May 2011.
Hailed as “people of action” by the Filipino Community, their convergence translated as resounding success of the community event.
President Benigno Aquino III appointed Cuisia Jr to the position as Philippine Ambassador Extraordinary, Plenipotentiary to the United States with concurrent jurisdiction over the US Virgin Islands, Grenada and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
He formally started duties as Ambassador last April 2. He received his appointment on November 30, 2010 and confirmed by the bicameral Commission on Appointments on February 10, 2011.
In addition to fostering close relations with the US in the political, economic, people-to-people, and other fields, Ambassador Cuisia, with his experience in the private sector, would also complement the efforts of the President’s Economic Team and be a huge boost towards the attainment of the country’s development goals.
Below are his credentials and Curriculum Vitae.
Birthdate: 16 July 1944
Civil Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Maria Victoria Jose Cuisia
Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science in Commerce – Magna Cum Laude
De La Salle University, 1967
Master I Business Administration – Finance
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA, 1970
BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Vice-Chairman, The Philippine American Life & General Insurance Company
- Chairman, Board of Directors, BPI-Philam Assurance Corp. (BPLAC); The Covenant Car Company/Chevrolet Cars; Tower Club, Inc. and Genesis Hotels & Resorts Management International LTD. (Singapore)
- Vice-Chairman, Board of Directors, SM Prime Holdings
- Director, PHINMA Corp.; Union Galvasteel Corp.; Holcim Philippines; Bauang Private Power Corp.; ICCP Holdings; Manila Water Company, inc.; Beacon Property Ventures and Genesis Hotels & Resorts Management, Inc.
- President & CEO, The Philippine American Life & General Insurance Company, Aug 1993-July 2009 and Insular Bank of Asia & America, Jan 1984-Dec 1985
- Vice-President, Life Insurance, American International Group, Inc. (AIG), 1997-2009
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Far East Bank and Trust Company, Aug 1994-Dec 2000; Philippine Deposit Insurance Co., Feb 1990-Jul 1993; Philam Properties Corporation, 1996-2009; Philam Asset Management, Inc., 1994-2009; Philam Systems, 1996-2009; Philam Care Health Systems, Inc., Aug 1993-Jul 2009; Chartis Insurance Phils., 1996-2009; Philam Plans Inc., Aug 1993-Jul 2009; Philam Savings Bank, Aug 1994-Jul 2009; Kapatiran Realty Corporation, Aug 1993-July 2009 and PERF Realty Corporation, Aug 1993-Jul 2009
GOVERNMENT SECTOR (PAST POSITIONS HELD)
- Commissioner, Representing Employer’s Group, Social Security System, Sep-Dec 2010
- Governor & Chairman, Central Bank of the Philippines / Monetary Board, Feb 1990-Jul 1993
- Chairman of the Board, Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation, Feb 1990 – Jul 1993
- President and CEO / Administrator, Social Security System, Mar 1986 – Feb 1990
- Director, Philippine National Bank, 1986 – 1990
- “Noblese Oblige” Award given by Pasig Catholic School, 2010
- Management Man of the Year given by Management Association of the Phils. (MAP), 2007
- Manuel L. Quezon Award for Exemplary Governance given by Federation of Catholic Schools of the Philippines, 2006
- Distinguished La Sallian Award given by De La Salle University, 2006
- Asian Insurance Personality of the Year given by Asia Insurance Review / London Insurance Review, 2005
- Chief Executive of the Year Award given by Raul Locsin Awards for Business Excellence in the Philippines, 2004
- TOYM (Ten Outstanding Young Men) Awardee for Domestic Banking, 1982