By PNA and U.S. News Agency / Asian
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) will send relief goods to Antique province after it has been declared under state of calamity last Friday due to continuous monsoon rains.
Antique Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer Lazaro G. Petinglay said that as per communication from DSWD Regional Office 6, the relief assistance would be transported to the province by Tuesday.
The relief assistance, composed of around 1,000 food packs, would be distributed to the affected families and individuals to augment the provincial government’s assistance.
It was reported that the Antique provincial government headed by Gov. Exequiel B. Javier has so far extended P378,000 relief assistance. His son Rep. Paolo Everardo Javier has personally visited the victims and extended assistance.
The assistance from the 12 municipal governments in the province already reached P671,901 to the 88 affected barangays.
Petinglay said that at present, families, whose houses were totally damaged, are still housed in the evacuation centers. The totally damaged houses and the about 800 partially damaged were reported in the towns of Culasi, 64; Laua-an, three; Tobias Fornier, 11; San Jose, 11; and Sebaste, 145.